I bet you are all missing your Spanish lessons with the lovely Alvaro and it doesn't look like we are going to be able to try out our Spanish skills on our holidays abroad anytime soon. But never fear you can keep on practising your language skills at home and show off what you have learnt to your family and encourage them to learn new skills online with you.
You can access the online Rockalingua website that Alvaro used in his lessons which has lots of videos, songs and interactive games for you to enjoy. The login is: lals and the password is: Academia13!
These are some other activities you can try out - don't forget to let us know how you get on!
- Listen to the alphabet in Spanish and sing along. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJbHmgaeDM
- Listen to some nursery rhymes in Spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cW6Jr4kfE
- Look up a traditional Spanish dish and make it with your family - Mrs Holden made Seafood Paella, it was delicious!
- Practice your counting in Spanish by counting as you go up and down the stairs or back and forth with a partner.
- Make flash cards to label items in your home and teach your family!
- Watch Spanish speaking programmes. For example, Dora the Explorer or Pocoyo.
- Listen to a story in Spanish, for example ’La Oruga Muy Hambrienta’ (The Very Hungry Caterpillar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g11vCMejbD4
- Write a list of your ten favourite words and look them up in Spanish using an online dictionary such as, https://www.spanishdict.com/
- Research a Spanish speaking country. Make a presentation to your family to teach them all about it (showing off your Geography skills too - 2 subjects in one!, that must be a bonus!)
- Make a Spanish dictionary by folding an A4 piece of paper to make a booklet. Record all the words that you know.