Darwin's Den Wraparound Care 2020 - 2021
At Darwin’s Den we really enjoy numerous activities that encourage the children to have fun, develop friendships and learn new skills. Some of our most popular activities are:
- Board games
- Playing on the football table
- Block building
- Taking care of dolls
- Cooking up a storm in the Peppa Pig kitchen
- Dancing and singing to “just dance”
Our favorite indoor and outdoor games are “rock, paper, scissors game” and “floor is lava.” When the weather is nice we head over to the field and adventure playground.
We also take part in arts and crafts and baking activities linked to seasonal celebrations. We aim to show the children’s work and participation in these activities on our display boards that are located in our room - feel free to have a nosey when you visit.
We are currently taking part in a “Wild Challenge” which supports the RSPB charity and in 2018 we received our bronze certificate, see our blogs for more information.
We even find time to earn a few points on Spellodrome and read to an adult - hooray homework done!
We encourage children to:
- Use their manners
- Help others
- Be independent by assisting in preparation where appropriate and clearing away after themselves
- Use their cutlery while eating
- Eat their vegetables, house points seem to do the trick!
Darwin's Den Wraparound Care: News items
Darwin's Den Wraparound Care: Blog items
There are no blog items to display